Sunday, November 4, 2007

Running Against the Wind

Isaiah 40:30 Though youths grow weary and tired, And vigorous young men stumble badly, 31 Yet those who wait for the LORD Will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary.

I ran, and fortunately managed to not succumb to the temptation to walk. I DID grow weary, and I must have left my eagle wings in the car before the race. 5.5 miles, 41 minutes, 14 seconds, for a 7 minute, 30 second pace. I'll take it. I'd better be willing to take it, my calves feel like badgers are chewing on them. My calves NEVER hurt after running. I managed to completely avoid puking or fainting, and better still I pulled that little shutout while my child was watching, which would have made it worse. I placed 173 overall of 668, and 43 of 143 in my age range. Not bad for an offensive lineman. It was nice to see my wife & daughter clapping at the finish line, and to hear that they had a nice time during the race with some of the other ladies they knew. We may try the family race time again next weekend at another local event. Hopefully by then I will have recovered a bit.

I ain't as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the speedy finish! 7:30 is a respectable pace for that distance - lineman or no.

Anonymous said...

hey dude you did better than I ever would have!!!! :):)