Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Test Pattern

Just a quick update on race preparation: I ran about 5.5 miles Monday morning. Paced 8 mins, 23 seconds per mile. Not what I'd hoped for, since past race times indicate I should be below 7:30. Even if I am getting older. I'm still optimistic that my time will improve by Sunday. You call them excuses, but I call them mitigating factors:

  1. It was 6:00 when I was running. That's right, A.M.
  2. The race course is billiard table-flat, while my house is on a steep hill
  3. Running alone provides little... motivation to move faster. Herd mentality rules
  4. I will be going straight from church services to the race. If God be with me, who can stand against me? Let's call it Stew's Crusade. I may break my ankle for saying that, remains to be seen.

Another 5.5 tomorrow morning.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Steep hill Stewart???

Anonymous said...

why would you WANT to run a 5k. I mean really wouldn't it be easier to sit on the couch and watch a movie with Em?????:) Good luck

Anonymous said...

NO workout today, take your little girl trick-or-treating so your preganant wife can sit on the couch and hand out candy ( to the baby)

Amy said...

I have to agree with Erica on this one.....the baby does need candy. :-) And I agree with anonymous.....steep hill?? Weak.

Anonymous said...

I only run when chased.