Friday, December 14, 2007

AVOID DEATH: Read this blog

A friend recently brought to my attention a ridiculous warning label (see below) for a front-end loader.

Engineers need to consider safety, but there's a point where it stops making sense. I can think of a recent example where we were forced to put a cover plate over a mechanism that moved so slowly, and was so difficult to access, that the only way to get hurt would be when you've got your hands on it to do some maintenance. Which requires you to remove the cover plate. In this spirit, I've come up with a few more warnings, some of which should clearly have been placed on I Tell You What posts in the past. I can only pray that nobody was injured as a result of my lax blogging.
AVOID DEATH: Vote Huckabee
AVOID PITY: Don't be a fool, sucka'!AVOID DEATH: Do not stand close to high windows in the presence of an outraged Protestant mob
AVOID DEATH: Clear muzzle of Sturmgeschutz and GAU-8 Avenger before loading

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent analysis! Glad to see that Walker TR made the top spot.

EF