Friday, June 25, 2010

Can't Touch This

I recently broke my little baby 3 lb. sledgehammer while splitting wood. This was unfortunate, but the hammer was over 6 years old, so not entirely unexpected. I did a little shopping, and look... at what... I... found:
When you've got something as awesome as a mid-size, fiberglass handle sledge, you've got to name it something awesome...
...by combining two of the greatest words in the english language into what is now the greatest single phrase in the english language.

That's right, there is an "official" Engineer Hammer. I love this thing. This is just another reason that engineering is awesome. There are no banker hammers or teacher hammers or or landscaper hammers. While we're at it, let's be honest that things like farmer's tan, baker's dozen, or tennis elbow are nothing to get excited about. As far as I can tell, the only thing that comes even close is a fireman's axe.
Any other specific tools or other implements named after occupations?

No comments: