Wednesday, November 21, 2007

A Great List of Things I'm Thankful For or Your Money Back

Things I'm thankful for:




  • Wifey of 3.5 years(!) She's carrying our second child and has had to deal with quite a bit just to get this far. Almost there. She's taught me everything I know about raising...

  • Sweetness. Now 2.5 years old and way too far ahead of the curve.

  • We have recently found a great church, and the Grace that inspires it

  • Pumpkin pie. We go to a nearby farm each year, pick some apples, get some squash, and select the year's pumpkins for carving, seeds, and pie. It's borderline yuppie agro-tourism, but we enjoy it.
  • A great Thanksgiving feast at the in-laws, who are located closely enough that we and especially our daughter get to enjoy time with them regularly

  • Our ranch-style home in suburbia

  • My health, along with my whole family's (immediate and extended)

  • A job that typically requires about 45 hours a week that meets all our needs while allowing Wifey to remain home with Sweetness

  • A job that I get to hone the Inner Dork on

  • My educational opportunities. Scholarship for undergraduate studies, employer assistance for postgraduate

  • All the books we could ever read, at an affordable price

  • The freedom provided by America, and the sacrifices of its citizens (foreshadowing of an upcoming hyper-belated Veterans' Day post)

1 comment:

In Light of the Truth... said...

great list, Stew! It's fun to see you have a blog! =)