Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Nothing New Under The Sun

I kept everything inside and even though I tried
it all fell apart
What it meant to me
will eventually
be a memory
of a time when I tried so hard
And got so far
But in the end
It doesn't even matter
-Linkin Park

17 So I hated life, for the work which had been done under the sun was grievous to me; because everything is futility and striving after wind.
18 Thus I hated all the fruit of my labor for which I had labored under he sun, for I must leave it to the man who will come after me.
19 And who knows whether he will be a wise man or a fool? Yet he will have control over all the fruit of my labor for which I have labored by acting wisely under the sun. This too is vanity.
-Ecclesiastes 2: 17-19

All I'm saying is that I heard one on the radio on the drive home from work, and read the other last night, and that things simply don't change very much.

No comments: